- 728 x 90 – Leaderboard
- 300 x 250 – Big Box
- 300 X 600 – Half-Page
- 300 x 100 – Tile
- 970 X 250 – Billboard
- Homepage and Video Zone skins : maximum 1920 by 1080 pixels – safe zone : 1280 by 800 pixels. Note that Télé-Québec’s website content is centered in an 1152 pixels wide range. It is important to include, on each side of the skin, a soft color fade, ideally to white. Also note that starting at 145 pixels from the top, the Telequebec website toolbar (118 pixels) is present. No important information should therefore stand in this area. A leaderboard is requested together with the skin. No HTML5
- Cuisine Futée, Parents Pressés skin: 1920 by 1080 pixels – safe zone : 1280 by 800 pixels. Note that Télé-Québec’s website content is centered in a 995 pixels wide range. It is important to include, on each side of the skin, a soft color fade, ideally to white. A leaderboard is requested together with the skin. No HTML5
- JPG (baseline standard format only, no baseline optimized or progressive)
- GIF (static or animated)
- Ad creative must not exceed 40 kilo octets, regardless of format (JPG, GIF or SWF).
- Ad creative must occupy all the space of the chosen format. For example, if for a Big Box (300 x 250 pixels), the ad creative must occupy the whole of this space precisely, no more nor less.
- The ad creative must be correctly oriented (neither on its side or inversed).
- The ad creative must not be segmented so as to constitute more than one commercial.
- The ad creative must not pose as a modal window (alert, error, confirmation, etc.) for an operating system (such as Windows Mac, Linux or any other).
- The ad creative must not contain graphics which resemble user interface controls (such as a button, scroll list, checkbox, etc.) if these controls are not actually functional.
- The homepage background color can be modified to match the client’s skin creative. The client may provide hexadecimal color code, otherwise it will be determined by Télé-Québec web team.,
- HTML5: Ad creation should not exceed 1Mo (non-zipped)
- Pertaining to advertising, all the pages of the Société Télé-Québec’s site and those for the sites of programs it broadcasts adhere to an identical structure. An ad creative or advertising copy is always inserted within a DIV element intended for this purpose. An ad script must never modify the DOM model of the page in which it is included, except within the DIV element that husbands it.
- Container (multiplexing): MP4
- FTYP Atom/Box: ‘M4V’ (major brand) and ‘mp42’ (compatible brand)
- MOOV Atom Position: start of file
- Video Codec: H.264
- H.264 Profile: High
- H.264 Level: 3.1
- Video Dimensions: 1280 X 720
- Picture ratio 16:9
- Video Bitrate: 1,100 kbps
- Maximum File Size: 10Mb
- Frame Rate: Same as source (or half as source if source is 50, 59.94, 60, 72 or higher)
- Audio Codec: AAC (not HE-AAC)
- Max Audio Bitrate: 128 kbps
Delivery of advertising materials
Send advertising materials firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the following information:
- Advertiser’s name
- Broadcast start and finish dates;
- Website address (destination URL);
- Text for the alternative marker (ALT, 85 characters maximum):
- Number of impressions desired;
- File names: Advertiser-Description-Font Size
In order to allow for the preparation and testing of ads before placing them on-line, a period of 5 working days is required for the reception of advertising materials.
Note : Télé-Québec’s technical specifications for internet advertising have been developed in accordance with the standards of the Interactive Advertising Bureau of Canada (IAB).